MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL OR CIVIL ENGINEER / DESIGNER – PROVO, UTAH
DRAFTER/CAD DESIGNER – PROVO, UTAH
Ready to put your engineering and design skills to work with one of the top aquatic design firms in the world and be able to live in beautiful Utah? Cloward H2O is looking to expand our capabilities by hiring an Aquatic Design Engineer. Come join our team of designers, engineers and operational professionals to create some of the most stunning aquatic amenities around the world. We collaborate with Architects, Landscape Architects and other creative professionals to design and engineer water parks, theme parks, surf parks, splash pads, pool, spas, fountains, marine and zoo exhibits, lakes, ponds and all types of water circulation and filtration systems all over the world.
As a Design Engineer you are a key member of the project team and will work closely with Project Managers, other engineers and the CAD & Revit staff to produce designs and engineering drawing packages for exceptional water features. This is an entry to mid-level position for an energetic, skilled and innovative engineer with plenty of opportunity to grow and learn.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engineering and Production: Work with the Program Managers and CAD/Revit staff to design and produce engineering and construction document packages.
- Determine criteria and perform analysis and calculations to appropriately design and specify equipment for building systems including heating and cooling, duct and piping systems, pumping and circulation systems, smoke evacuation, water, gas and wastewater systems, etc.
- Work as a CAD/Revit design professional to meet project design criteria and ensure that projects are completed on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Be responsible for driving sound technical decisions and designing to meet customer requirements, local building codes, highest safety standards and providing excellent customer service.
- Project Management: Includes responsibility for project schedules and budgets, managing resources to ensure deadlines are met and that projects are profitable.
- Participate as the leader of a design team to facilitate coordination with all project disciplines and owner’s representatives. Provide sound technical information to guide team decisions.
- Coordinate design work with local as well as multinational teams on projects worldwide.
- Construction Oversight and Construction Administration Management: Ensure design integrity is maintained by the contractor. This includes responding to RFI’s, reviewing equipment submittals and participating in on-site reviews as appropriate.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years of design experience in Mechanical Engineering with a background in commercial HVAC, mechanical systems, plumbing design and general project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional team environment.
- Able to think through problems and ask good questions. Be self-directed and responsive to unique design challenges and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and computer skills including oral presentations, interpersonal communication, great written and oral communication skills.
- System experience – AutoCAD & Autodesk Revit is a must.
WHY WORK WITH US
- At Cloward H2O we work on some of the best local projects and most creative leisure and entertainment projects under development in the world. We collaborate and work with the best design, architecture, engineering and creative teams on fun, fast-paced projects. It’s exciting to see projects you’ve worked on win awards and show up on the web, TV and magazines, even the Travel Channel for being the best of the best.
- Our staff is connected and engaged, and we really enjoy the laid-back group culture of our office. We are comfortable and familiar yet efficient and able to move the work out the door, meet tight deadlines and provide excellent service to our clients.
- We provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Insurance benefits (company-paid premiums):
- Fully Company Funded Health Savings Account
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) participation with company match after one year of service
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Insurance benefits (company-paid premiums):
Sound like a place you’d like to work and advance your career? Join us! Send us your resume and include a cover letter that helps us see how you would be a great fit at Cloward Engineering Group.
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Attention: Hiring Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org